Key Elements of Logistic Management
Logistics is more than a supply branch into an organization. It is a contact medium between the two ends of a business system – the internal structure and the external associates (such as companies, vendors, customers, carriers etc). Logistics is basically an interaction between the company and its clients. It manages the flow of products from the vendors to the end-users.
How to become effective in Logistics?
An effective logistic includes certain specific factors, paying a little attention to which may bring a great shift to your business growth. The key elements which have a great impact on logistic management are –
1. Movement of the products – Logistics is usually taken the same way by most of the companies. Shipping an order is the only priority for most of them, however; there is enough space to add a little more when movement of a product is considered. In this, ekspedisi Jakarta Malang the foremost thing is to deliver the product with a consistent emphasis. The basic idea here is to ensure the flow of the product instead of merely moving it from one end to the other.
2. Movement of the information – Movement of the product and material is not enough if you are targeting an effective logistics. You have to keep a complete account of information related to the service you are offering. What deliverables are where and by what time they must be delivered? The accuracy of service and time builds a positive frame for logistics. The flow of information related to the inventories between the company and suppliers, carriers and customers is mandatory for an effective logistic management.
3. Be on time – “Service delayed is service denied” OK! May be not the same way but any delay in service may spoil the purpose or value of it. This will build a negative reputation of your business in the views of clients. To avoid this unwanted situation, all the branches need to work in a sync. Logistic will automatically do the best.
4. What is the cost – Cost is indeed an important factor in logistic management. Lowering the cost of logistic elements can increase their effectiveness.
5. Integration – Logistic is a process which acts as a bridge between the company and its customers. The link is established with the help of several channels present in the business system; hence, it becomes important to develop cooperation and faith among all. Once all these channels are integrated they can bring satisfaction to the user and growth to your business.